Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Provides Sports Injury Treatment in Beaverton
At Unity Chiropractic & Wellness, our chiropractor, Dr. Kathy Cantwell and her team of professionally trained and experienced practitioners focus on holistic, natural methods of healing and treatment. Also, they provide physical fortification to provide patients with outstanding athletic performance enhancement and sports injury treatment in Beaverton.
Sports Injuries Treated by Our Beaverton Chiropractor
The chiropractic care and the additional holistic treatments we offer at Unity Chiropractic & Wellness aptly treat any injury related to the musculoskeletal system. The most common sports injuries treated in our office by our Beaverton chiropractor, however, include:
- soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains
- shoulder injuries
- patellofemoral syndrome (runner's knee)
- repetitive stress injuries (carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and golf elbow)
- herniated or slipped discs
Our skilled team of medical professionals is trained to treat nearly any injury which might occur due to sports or athletic activity. Even minor injuries to the musculoskeletal system should be evaluated and treated by a professional; sports injuries left unattended often heal incorrectly, leading to the formation of scar tissue, limited mobility, hindered athletic performance, and future injury.
Holistic Sports Injury Treatments, Therapies, and Techniques
Our chiropractor, Dr. Kathy Cantwell, and her holistic care team work together to provide a full menu of treatments, therapies, and treatment techniques to provide our patients with optimal care. We help patients recovery from sports injuries using a wide array of treatments including:
- Chiropractic Adjustments - Maintain a properly aligned spine for optimal balance, body function, healing, and pain management.
- Graston Technique - An instrument-assisted technique used to detect and release scar tissue from the body's soft tissues.
- Kinesio Taping - Kinesio tape can be used to stretch tight tissues or hold overly stretched soft tissues in place.
- Active Release Technique - This is a movement-based massage technique which specifically targets ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves, and fascia.
- Myofascial Therapy - This type of massage focuses on the body's connective tissues to release painful scar tissue and allow for proper healing.
- Strengthening Exercises - Stretches and exercises aimed to rehabilitate injured muscles and strengthen key muscle groups.
The Benefits of Sports Injury Treatment
Athletes of all abilities benefit from sports injury treatment, enjoying faster recovery times, accelerated healing, pain management, enhanced performance, and the reduced risk of future injury.
Contact Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Today!
If you or your child is an athlete, looking to improve performance, prevent injury, or heal, stop by or call to learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care for athletic performance. Using holistic methods, our pediatric chiropractor, Dr. Kathy Cantwell helps children grow into well-balanced athletes and assists adults at every level of athleticism to maintain physiological balance, the range of motion, and optimal wellness to enhance their natural athletic abilities.
Schedule an athletic chiropractic consultation at (503) 747-3388 today. If your sports performance appointment will be your first with Unity Chiropractic & Wellness, be sure to ask about free consultations for new patients.