Headache and Migraine Treatment with Your Beaverton Chiropractor
Headaches and migraines, also called cephalgia, can have a serious negative impact on quality of life. Understanding the cause of your headaches and migraines and seeking effective treatment for the problem can help you avoid future headaches. At Unity Chiropractic and Wellness in Beaverton, we help our patients identify the source of their headaches and make lifestyle adjustments to prevent headaches from occurring. We also treat headaches at their source to alleviate pain.
Headache and Migraine Causes
Headaches and migraines can have many causes, including:
- Stress. Many people experience headaches because of tension in their neck muscles, caused by stress.
- Head injury. Concussions and other head injuries can cause debilitating headaches.
- Neck injury. Whiplash is a common cause of headaches and migraines. Pain that starts in the neck can radiate up into the scalp, causing headaches to occur.
- Poor sleeping position or poor ergonomics. Maintaining an awkward position for long stretches of time can lead to pain in the neck, scalp and head.
- Text neck. This condition occurs when patients spend long periods of time looking down at mobile devices. Text neck causes headaches, neck aches and other symptoms.
Chiropractic Solutions to Migraines and Headaches
If you’ve recently been injured and get regular headaches as a result, seeing a chiropractor can help. Some of the services that we offer at Unity Chiropractic and Wellness Center include:
- Spinal adjustment. This technique involves the realignment of the vertebrae. Doing this reduces pressure on the spinal cord, which enables signals from the brain to reach their intended destination, thus helping the body heal.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises, which can help them loosen tight muscles, reduce stress, improve mobility and heal from injuries. Stretches and exercises prevent headaches by reducing muscle tension.
- Lifestyle advice. Often patients get headaches because of lifestyle habits and environmental factors. We teach patients how to make changes to their habits and lifestyle to prevent problems.
- Nutrition counseling. Sometimes patients get headaches because of food allergies or sensitivities. We help patients identify food-related problems and make changes to their diet to prevent these problems.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Why see a chiropractor for headache and migraine treatment? Chiropractic care is all natural. In addition, chiropractic care works by treating pain at its source. Unlike pain medication, which only masks the pain, chiropractic care can help patients find a permanent, practical solution to treat migraines and headaches. In addition, chiropractic techniques are non-invasive and safe for all ages. At Unity Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we treat patients of all ages.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Beaverton and Tigard for All Natural Headache Relief
Don’t live with headaches a day longer! Chiropractic care provides treatment that can help. At Unity Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we help patients manage their headaches and improve their quality of life. To make an appointment, contact us at 503-747-3388.